If you are looking for a good rowing machine under $1000 – $1500, then you should consider getting the Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine. Though I prefer the Concept2 Model D rower, this particular model is a good choice for some people because it is an outrigger style rower. That means that it gives you the feel of actually being out in the water and rowing. That is what I really like about this model. Plus, it has a good price.
This is a high quality indoor rower machine as Kettler is a brand that has a great reputation when it comes to fitness equipment. I definitely would not hesitate to put this in my home gym.
I find that this rowing machine is very easy to use and really feels like it gives me a great workout. It has an onboard training computer, which is perfect for me because I like to be able to keep track of my progress when I am working out. Sometimes I try to make a little game of it to sort of one-up myself, which keeps me on the machine longer and results in me getting even more toned.
Unfortunately, this machine is not a good choice for bigger people due to its low weight limit. In fact, larger guys will not even be able to use this one. The weight capacity for the Kettler Kadett rower machine is just 250 pounds, which means people who are more overweight than that cannot use it for getting fit and burning fat.
If you do meet the weight limit for this machine, then you might be interested in seeing the top features for this home rower machine at a glance. Take a look at this:
- Rowing machine to help you stay in shape and train in your own home
- Outrigger style rower simulates actual water rowing
- Resistance setting from 1 to 12
- Training computer provides info on time measurement, number of oar strokes, speed of strokes, distance covered, and more
- Program for desired distance covered and stroke speed, visual and audio signals
- 250-Pound weight capacity
- Measures 49 x 31 x 10-Inch
To give you a bit more detail on these features, here some additional information that you might want to know:
- Provides a circular rowing motion ideal for training at home
- 2 hydraulic cylinders control resistance between 1 and 12
- Comfortable, smooth-operating seat rollers mounted on durable rails Moving foot plates with straps for safe positioning of feet and ankles
- Battery powered training computer measures time, strokes, speed of strokes, cumulative distance during a training session, energy consumption, and pulse rate
- Heart rate measured with ear lobe clip
- Anti-slip floor protectors for safe use on multiple types of surfaces
- Durable steel construction
- Weight capacity: 285 lbs.
- Assembled dimensions: 59L x 67W x 18H inches
- Manufacturer’s warranty included
- 12 Adjustment settings control resistance through two industrial strength hydraulic cylinders.
- Sturdy KETTLER designed frame with ball bearings in the padded seat’s rollers provide a smooth glide along the main aluminum track.
- Adjustable footplates pivot and extend to accommodate various rowers.
- Oars easily fold down for trouble-free storage.
- KETTLER ear lobe clip measures hear rate electronically.
- LCD Training computer displays time, oar strokes, current cadence, cumulative distance over a training session, heart rate and kilojoules, a precise measurement of energy consumption (4.2 kJ = 1 kcal). Settings include time, distance goals and a visual and acoustical cadence signal.
Overall, you get a lot of features and a great piece of high quality fitness equipment for the money when you buy this machine. Other people at my gym seem to agree with me on this.
And if you’re still shopping for the perfect machine for your home gym, then take another look at our guide for the best rowing machines.