Looking for a good rowing machine under $500 – $700 that folds for easy storage? If so, consider buying the LifeSpan Fitness RW1000 Rowing Machine for your home gym. Or, consider the Kettler Favorit in the same price range.
This affordable indoor rowing machine has high quality components, gives you a great full body workout and will fit your budget thanks to its low price.
One of the best things about this indoor rower machine is that it folds up for easy storage. If you live in a small apartment or condo, then you will love this feature since it makes it so small. It’s a great choice for people who want to workout at home but do not have a lot of space to do so.
I also like that this home rower machine can handle larger people as it’s weight limit goes all the way up to 300 pounds. Granted, that might not be enough for some overweight people or some big guys, but it is more than a lot of the entry level rowing machines for beginners.
What you may be disappointed about with this machine is that it does not have all the bells and whistles that you see in some of the more expensive rowing machines. But, if you do not really need a lot of features, then you will really like this machine. It does offer a lot of value for the money.
Get a complete non-impact, full-body workout with the LifeSpan Fitness RW1000 Rowing Machine. The RW1000 features an eddy current smooth and quiet drive system and a 16.5-pound flywheel with magnetic brake resistance. It also offers manual adjustment with five levels of resistance for a varied workout and a no-slack retrieval system that ensures the rowing strap is never loose. The rowers exercise computer displays distance, time, stroke count, strokes per minute, and calories burned read-outs. It is also easy to move and store using the fold up feature and its integrated transport wheel.
Top features of this machine at a glance:
- Has a smooth and quiet eddy current drive system with a 16.5-pound flywheel
- Solid steel frame; assembled dimensions measure 90 x 18.5 x 23 inches (L x W x H)
- Folds to 34 by 19 by 64 inches (L x W x H) for easy storage
- Three-LCD console provides distance, calories, time, strokes, and strokes per minute workout feedback
- 300-pound maximum user weight; five-year frame warranty, two-year parts warranty, and one-year labor warranty
- Recipient of the 2008 Gear Awards Seal of Excellence
Other features include a comfortable padded seat, swivel foot rests with straps, and padded hand grips. Supporting up to 300 pounds, the RW1000 offers a 87- by 19- by 23-inch footprint while its folded dimensions measure 34 by 19 by 64 inches (L x W x H).
- Eddy current smooth and quiet drive system
- Magnetic brake resistance
- 16.5-pound flywheel
- Fold for easy storage
- No-slack retrieval system
- Five levels of resistance
- Maximum user weight: 300 pounds
- Folded dimensions: 34 by 19 by 64 inches (L x W x H)
- Unfolded dimensions: 87 by 19 by 23 inches (L x W x H)
Here’s what other people at my gym are saying about this great home rowing machine…
I bought one of these for my home, for when I don’t want to go to the gym, and putting it together was real easy.
I’ve been using this thing going on for a year now and it is great.
If you prefer to see some other good options, then take a look at our guide to the best rowing machines.